- Barrel is 13.5 inches long.
- Chambered for the 5.56x45mm NATO / .223 Remington cartridge (in the civilian market only), and is fed via a 30-round STANAG magazine.
- Designed in 2009, produced since 2014.
- Effective range is around 500 meters.
- 4-position collapsible stock.
- Gas operated
- Rate of fire is around 820 RPM.
- Securacom: Adopted in 2015.
- United States: New York Police Department ESU. This was confirmed during the British Embassy Siege in NYC.
First Major Usage: Edit
In 2023, 6 terrorists that were affiliated with an Eastern European terrorist group known as the Novy Paradak (Belarusian for The New Order) sieged the British embassy in New York City, held all people hostage, and would plant a bomb if any action was taken. After about 4 days, a hostage was killed, and this prompted immediate action by the NYPD's Emergency Service Unit. When they breached into the embassy, the bomb was planted, which left only 12 minutes left until detonation. However, while the terrorists were armed with illegally modified AK-47's, they proved to be jam-prone and rather inaccurate, especially when compared to the RC-523. After 10 minutes, all terrorists were killed, the bomb was defused, and all the hostages were released.