The P-016 is a brand-new pistol currently under testing by NS Arms Corporation. It was named after Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in Malaysia and South East Asia, and also after one of the armourers who came from the city of Kota Kinabalu in the state of Sabah, Malaysia.
History & Development Edit
The idea to produce this pistol stemmed from their experience of creating a pistol earlier in 2015. Additionally, as stated by Mr Azrul, the armourer responsible for the design, "We already had an experience in building pistols. It's time that we try and improve it further for future endavours". The project began in mid-September 2015 and further testing and troubleshooting are currently in progress.
P-016 employs the ubiquitous short recoil operation, as most other pistols do in the current era. It is primarily made out of impact-resistant polymer and hard plastic. It is chambered in the venerable .45 calibre of various designs.
Weapon Information Edit
- Weight: 723 g (25.5 oz)
- Length: 254 mm (10 in.)
- Barrel length: 89 mm (3.5 in.)
- Cartridge: .45 ACP, .45 GAP, .45 Super
- Operation: Short recoil, semi automatic
- Muzzle velocity: 350 m/s (1148 ft/s)
- Effective range: 55m (180.4 ft)
- Feed system: Double-stack magazine; 13 rounds
- Sights: Fixed front blade sight and rear notch sight
- Attachments: None (currently)
- User(s): None (currently)