The M85 assault rifle or " Masada" was designed to meet today's and tomorrow's weapon standards. The M85 features 5-rail systems for attachments, two flip-up iron sights, and fires the standard 5.56x45mm NATO round. The M85 incorporates various mechanisms from AR-15 style weapons such as the upper and lower receivers as well as the barrel in today's current M4. Unlike the M4 the M85 can fire in 2-round burst mode and Full-auto. Unfortunately the M85 has a high-rate of fire and runs thru mags very quickly. That's why it's advised to use the 2-round burst mode. Overall the weapon is light enough to carry at least 10 32-magazines alone. The only drawback is that it jams very easily and results in steam/smoke coming out of the barrel and ventilation shafts. Takes about 1 minute and 30 seconds to fully clean the weapon.
- Weight: 7.62 (with mag)
- Length: 33 inches
- Barrel length: 14.7 inches
- Magazine size: 32 rounds
- Effective range: 500-600 m.
- Rate of Fire: 750-990 round/min.
- Action: Gas-operated, rotating bolt.
- Fire modes: Full-auto, 2-round burst, semi-automatic.
- Muzzle velocity: 3297 ft/sec.
- Sights: Flip-up iron sights or Optics.
*note many of the statistics are based off the M4 carbine for reference.