The Compact Defense Weapon is a bullpup personal defense weapon (PDW) that is made by Rickard Firearms & Defense. It is RF&D's first PDW produced, and is their entry into the PDW market, which makes it compete against the PPF BG90, the PPF XM7, the OA Ares. It also competes in the 3rd phase of the 1st Perpetual Competition.
- Barrel is 14.5 inches long.
- Chambered for a new (and proprietary) 5.5x36mm cartridge, and is fed via a proprietary 30-round magazine.
- Designed in 2015, produced since 2019.
- Effective range is around 350 ~ 400 meters.
- Rate of fire: 850 RPM
- Weighs 5 pounds (unloaded), 5.7 pounds (loaded)